Timing certificate is not mandatory to apply in 25K Run/Open 10K Run/Timed 5K Run race categories.
Those confirmed applicants of 25K Run/Open 10K Run/Timed 5K Run race categories who provide timing certificates along with their application forms, will get priority in line-up on race day, i.e. on Sunday, 16th December 2018. Line-up sections will be allocated basis the finish time mentioned on the timing certificates submitted at the time of application.
* Line-up sections on race day:
Line Up Area Segregation
25K RUN, OPEN 10K AND TIMED 5K
Participants submitting a latest timing certificate of any of the given distances and time limit:
5 Km Run- Under 45 min
10 Km Run- Under 1 hr 22 min
15 Km Run-Under 2 hr 05 min
Half Marathon - Under 3 hrs
25 Km Run- Under 3 hr 35 min
Marathon- Under 6 hrs 15 min
First come first serve on race day
*The line-up sections given above are indicative and may undergo a change which will be communicated here post close of all registrations.
Please note, on race day timing results and certificates will be generated only for runners who complete the race in 4 hours for 25K Run 2 hours for Open 10K Run and 1 hour for Timed 5K .
Note: Confirmed applicants improving their timing performance post submission of application, can request for a change in the line-up section. Such applicants need to write to the event’s registration team on firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching their latest valid timing certificate. Only requests received on or before 1st December 2018 will be entertained.
ARE YOU FIT TO PARTICIPATE?
Please review the following questions before submitting your application form.
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you diabetic?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you have answered YES to any of the questions above, then please consult your physician before applying to participate in Tata Steel Kolkata 25K. Irrespective of whatever may be your age, we sincerely advise you to obtain a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner/doctor before applying for the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K. It is unfair to you and your family to risk serious illness and become a medical emergency on race day.